In an epoch where Some Nigerian women have triumphed and set history at a time when the music pursuit is rife with rivalry.
The remarkable accomplishments of a few female Nigerian artists in the music pursuit are highlighted by Six9ja News in this article.
1. Tems: Within a short time in the music pursuit, Terms has caught awards and broken history. In June 2022, the young talented music star made the record as the first African woman to win Best International Act at the 2022 BET Awards.
Furthermore, In 2018, Tems resign from her work to chase her dream in the music profession and unleash her first debut track, ‘Mr. Rebel’, a soundtrack which was produced by her.
2. Simi: In July 2022, Nigerian multiple award-winning diva, Simi history a big historic structure in her profession as she became the first female expert to reach 100 million streams on Boomplay.
The Beautiful mother of one broke into the attitude with her song‘Tiff’ in 2014 and innovated herself as a super talented songwriter and singer.
3. Sinach: Religious Nigerian music always gets the mass of the hype but in 2020, gospel singer Sinach made a
In September 2019, Sinach became the first gospel artist from Africa to tour India, headlining concerts with several thousand in attendance.
singer Sinach started singing as an amusement in 1989 and began writing songs when she was 19 years old.
4. Tiwa Savage: In 2018, the ‘Kele Kele’ bandleader became the first woman to win the Best African Act at the MTV European Music vouchsafe.
The qualified singer started music at the young age of 16 when she did backup vocals for a number of American singers including Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Andrea Bucelli, George Michel, Blu Chantell, and Chaka Chan.
5. Yemi Alade: In 2013 the singer released the single, Johnny which advanced into a hit that introduced her into the established scene.
In 2017 ‘Johnny’s music video became the most gawked Nigerian music video on Youtube. conglomerating a total of 78.8 million streams.
Yemi began her music career in 2009. Her reputation and glory grew when she won the Peak Talent Show the same year.
6. Sasha P: The singer has been away from the music scene for a while now. In 2008 Sasha became the first female Nigerian rapper to perform at the 2008 world music award show alongside 2baba and Kelly Hansome.
She started her career in 2003, winning a dedicated fan base entranced by her lyrical mastery and powerful stage presence. Her big break came when she was signed to Storm and released her hit debut ‘Adara.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!