A Nigerian man suffering from Monkeypox ailment has unveiled his experience.
According to the video clip shared on social media, the man who resides in Aba, Abia state recounted how he was misdiagnosed by different doctors until he met a doctor who made the right diagnosis of Monkeypox disease at the Federal Medical Center (FMC) in Aba.
In Africa, Nigeria now has the highest count of Mokeypox deaths.
Some facts about MonekyPox disease;
- Monkeypox is caused by the monkeypox virus, a member of the Orthopoxvirus genus in the family Poxviridae.
- Monkeypox is usually a self-limited disease with symptoms lasting from 2 to 4 weeks. Severe cases can occur. In recent times, the case fatality ratio has been around 3–6%.
- Monkeypox is transmitted to humans through close contact with an infected person or animal, or with material contaminated with the virus.
- Monkeypox virus is transmitted from one person to another by close contact with lesions, body fluids, respiratory droplets, and contaminated materials such as bedding.
- Monkeypox is a viral zoonotic disease that occurs primarily in tropical rainforest areas of central and west Africa and is occasionally exported to other regions.
- An antiviral agent developed for the treatment of smallpox has also been licensed for the treatment of monkeypox.
- The clinical presentation of monkeypox resembles that of smallpox, a related orthopoxvirus infection that was declared eradicated worldwide in 1980. Monkeypox is less contagious than smallpox and causes less severe illness.
- Monkeypox typically presents clinically with fever, rash, and swollen lymph nodes and may lead to a range of medical complications.
Below is the video of the man speaking about the disease below…
Join our Telegram Channel for Updates!!!
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!