An ATM card, also known as a debit card, is a plastic card that allows you to access your bank account funds. You can use an ATM card to withdraw cash from an ATM, make purchases at point-of-sale (POS) terminals, and transfer funds between accounts. ATM cards typically have a magnetic stripe or chip that contains your account information. When you use an ATM card, you enter your PIN (personal identification number) to verify your identity. The amount of money you withdraw or spend is then deducted from your account balance.
ATM cards are a convenient way to access your money. You can use them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and you don’t need to wait in line at a bank teller.
How To Block Your UBA ATM Card Using USSD Code
- Dial 919*10# on your phone.
- You will be prompted to enter your UBA account number.
- Enter your account number and press Enter.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to block your card.
- Enter 1 to confirm and 0 to cancel.
- Your card will be blocked and you will receive a confirmation message.
Here are some things to keep in mind when blocking your UBA ATM card using USSD code:
- You must use the mobile phone number that is linked to your UBA account.
- There is a N5 charge for blocking your card using USSD code.
- Once your card is blocked, you will not be able to use it to make withdrawals or payments.
Here are some other ways to block your UBA ATM card:
- You can block your card through the UBA Mobile Banking app.
- You can block your card by calling UBA customer service.
- You can block your card by visiting a UBA branch.
How can I block my ATM card by SMS?
- Check the SMS blocking code for your bank. Different banks have different SMS blocking codes. You can find the SMS blocking code for your bank by visiting their website or calling their customer service hotline.
- Compose an SMS message. The SMS message should contain the SMS blocking code and the last four digits of your ATM card number. For example, if the SMS blocking code for your bank is “BLOCK” and the last four digits of your ATM card number are “1234”, then your SMS message should be “BLOCK 1234”.
- Send the SMS message. Send the SMS message to the bank’s SMS blocking number. The SMS blocking number is usually listed on the bank’s website or in their customer service materials.
- Wait for a confirmation message. After sending the SMS message, you should receive a confirmation message from the bank. The confirmation message will usually contain a ticket number and the date and time that your ATM card was blocked.
Here are some additional tips for blocking your ATM card by SMS:
- Make sure that you are sending the SMS message from the mobile phone number that is registered with your bank account.
- Be sure to include the correct SMS blocking code and the last four digits of your ATM card number.
- If you do not receive a confirmation message, you can call the bank’s customer service hotline to check the status of your request.
How To Block Your UBA ATM Card Using UBA LEO
Here are the steps on how to block your UBA ATM card using UBA LEO:
- Open the UBA LEO chat platform on Facebook or WhatsApp.
- Type “BLOCK CARD”.
- Follow the prompts to block your card.
- You will receive a confirmation message once your card has been blocked.
Here are the steps in detail:
- Open the UBA LEO chat platform on Facebook or WhatsApp. You can find the link to the LEO chat platform on the UBA website or by searching for “UBA LEO” on Facebook or WhatsApp.
- Type “BLOCK CARD”. This will send a message to LEO requesting to block your card.
- Follow the prompts to block your card. LEO will ask you to confirm your account number and mobile number. Once you have confirmed your details, LEO will block your card.
- You will receive a confirmation message once your card has been blocked. The confirmation message will include the date and time your card was blocked.
Here are some things to keep in mind when blocking your UBA ATM card using LEO:
- You must be using the mobile number that is registered to your UBA account to block your card.
- There is a N5 charge to block your card using LEO.
- You can also block your card by dialing 91910# from your registered mobile number.
How To Block Your UBA ATM Card Using UBA Mobile Banking App
- Download and install the UBA Mobile Banking App on your mobile device.
- Open the app and sign in with your mobile number and password.
- Tap on the “Self Service” tab.
- Tap on “Card Control”.
- Tap on the ATM Card you want to block.
- Tap on “Block Card”.
- Enter your UBA Mobile Banking PIN and tap on “Confirm”.
Your ATM card will be blocked immediately. You will receive a notification on your mobile device confirming that your card has been blocked.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- You can only block your ATM card if you have enrolled for UBA Mobile Banking.
- You will need to know your UBA Mobile Banking PIN to block your card.
- If you block your ATM card, you will not be able to use it to withdraw cash, make payments at POS terminals, or do online transactions.
- If you need to unblock your ATM card, you can do so through the UBA Mobile Banking App or by calling UBA customer care.
How do I know if my UBA ATM card is blocked?
- Try to use your card at an ATM. If the card is blocked, you will not be able to insert it into the ATM or enter your PIN. You may also receive an error message stating that the card is blocked.
- Check your account balance. If your card is blocked, you will not be able to see your account balance online or through your mobile banking app.
- Check your SMS alerts. If your bank has enabled SMS alerts, you may receive a message stating that your card has been blocked.
- Contact your bank. If you are still unsure whether or not your card is blocked, you can always contact your bank’s customer service department. They will be able to check your account status and let you know if your card has been blocked.
Here are some of the reasons why your UBA ATM card might be blocked:
- You have entered your PIN incorrectly too many times.
- Your card has been reported lost or stolen.
- Your card has expired.
- Your card has been flagged for suspicious activity.
If your card is blocked, you can usually unblock it by contacting your bank’s customer service department. They will ask you to provide some personal information, such as your account number and your date of birth. Once they have verified your identity, they will be able to unblock your card.
Here are some tips to help you avoid having your UBA ATM card blocked:
- Keep your PIN safe. Do not share your PIN with anyone, not even family members or close friends.
- Check your account balance regularly. This will help you to identify any unauthorized transactions.
- Report your card lost or stolen immediately. If you lose your card or it is stolen, contact your bank immediately. They will be able to block your card and prevent unauthorized use.
- Update your card information regularly. If your card expires or your address changes, be sure to update your information with your bank. This will help to ensure that your card is not blocked.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!