MTN Group is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company operating in many African and Asian countries. It is the largest mobile network operator in Africa, with over 280 million subscribers. MTN’s head office is in Johannesburg, South Africa.
MTN was founded in 1994 as M-Cell. The company’s name was changed to MTN in 2001. MTN’s initial focus was on the South African market, but the company has since expanded to over 20 countries in Africa and Asia.
MTN’s main products and services include mobile voice, mobile data, fixed-line broadband, and financial services. The company also provides a range of value-added services, such as mobile money, mobile banking, and mobile insurance.
MTN is committed to bridging the digital divide in Africa. The company has invested heavily in infrastructure and technology to provide affordable and accessible telecommunications services to people across the continent. MTN also supports a number of social development initiatives, such as education and health programs.
MTN is a leading player in the African telecommunications market. The company is well-positioned to continue to grow in the years to come, as Africa’s population continues to grow and the demand for telecommunications services increases.
How To Check Your MTN Number
There are several ways to check your MTN number. Here are the 4 most common methods:
*1. Dial 123# and select the “My Number” option.
This is the easiest and quickest way to check your MTN number. Simply dial the code from your MTN phone and you will be presented with a list of options. Select the “My Number” option and your phone number will be displayed on the screen.
2. Check the back of your SIM card.
Each SIM card has a unique number that is printed on the back. This number is usually a long series of digits, but it will include your phone number as well. Simply look for the portion of the number that corresponds to your phone number.
3. Check your phone’s settings.
On most phones, you can find your phone number in the settings menu. The exact location of the setting may vary depending on your phone’s model and operating system.
4. Contact MTN customer care.
If you are unable to check your MTN number using any of the other methods, you can contact MTN customer care. They will be able to provide you with your phone number over the phone.
Here are the steps on how to check your MTN number using the *123# USSD code:
- On your MTN phone, dial 123#.
- Select the My Number option.
- Your phone number will be displayed on the screen.
USSD Code To Check Your MTN Number
There are two USSD codes that you can use to check your MTN number:
- *123# – This is the most common USSD code for checking your MTN number. Simply dial this code from your MTN phone and you will be presented with a list of options. Select the “My Number” option and your phone number will be displayed on the screen.
- *663# – This is a shorter USSD code that you can use to check your MTN number. Simply dial this code and your phone number will be displayed on the screen.
In addition to these USSD codes, you can also check your MTN number by:
- Calling customer care – You can call MTN customer care at 180 and ask them to tell you your phone number.
- Logging into your MTN account – If you have an MTN account, you can log into your account and view your phone number under the “My Profile” section.
- Checking the packaging of your phone or SIM card – If you still have the packaging of your phone or SIM card, you can check your phone number on the packaging.
MTN Self-service is a platform that allows you to manage your MTN account online. You can use it to do things like:
- Check your balance
- Recharge your account
- Purchase data bundles
- Pay bills
- Change your PIN
- Report lost or stolen SIM cards
- And more
There are two ways to access MTN Self-service:
- Online: You can go to the MTN Self-service website and sign in with your MTN number and password.
- App: There is also an MTN Self-service app that you can download to your smartphone.
To use MTN Self-service, you will need to create an account. You can do this by going to the MTN Self-service website or app and clicking on the “Create an Account” button. You will need to enter your MTN number and a password. You will also need to provide your name, date of birth, and email address.
ALSO READ: How To Check Glo Data Balance 2023
Once you have created an account, you can log in and start managing your MTN account.
Here are some of the benefits of using MTN Self-service:
- It is convenient. You can manage your account from anywhere, at any time.
- It is secure. Your account information is protected by a password.
- It is easy to use. The interface is simple and straightforward.
If you have any questions about MTN Self-service, you can contact MTN customer support.
Here are the self-service numbers for MTN in different countries:
Can I use two MTN sims on one phone?
- If your phone has two physical SIM slots, you can simply insert two MTN SIM cards into the slots.
- If your phone only has one physical SIM slot, you can use an eSIM to add a second SIM. eSIMs are embedded in the phone’s hardware, so you don’t have to physically insert them.
- If you have an MTN Business account, you can use dual calling to link two active SIM cards in two different devices to the same account. This will allow you to make and receive calls and send and receive messages from both numbers on the same device.
The specific steps for setting up two MTN SIMs on one phone will vary depending on your phone model and the type of SIM you are using. However, you can usually find instructions on how to do this in your phone’s user manual or by contacting MTN customer support.
Here are some of the benefits of using two MTN SIMs on one phone:
- You can have two separate phone numbers for business and personal use.
- You can have two separate data plans, which can be helpful if you travel frequently or need to use a lot of data for work.
- You can use one SIM for voice calls and the other SIM for data, which can save you money on your monthly bill.
If you are considering using two MTN SIMs on one phone, I recommend that you weigh the benefits and drawbacks to see if it is the right solution for you.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!