Are you looking to follow your dream of becoming a sought-after musician? Do you want to learn the tricks of the trade from those who are already there? If you answered yes to either question, then this article is for you! I’m going to discuss the five-step process that will not only help make your dreams come true, but also give you an edge over all those other up-and-coming musicians.
- Prepare. All successful musicians have at least some sort of preparation before they reach success. This can be recording your music and developing your sound, or it can even be as simple as practicing for hours on end. This will guarantee that you are we
- Start small and work your way up. You must start somewhere, whether you start in a local coffee shop or a local college area. You have to start somewhere, but you do have to think about what’s best for you. If you are better in a smaller setting, then don’t waste your time at a larger venue. If you are booed off the stage
- Never give up! One of the most important things in life is determination. You can be as talented and hardworking as anyone else out there, but if you give up after a little bit of failure, then you’re done. Successful musicians have been booed off the stage and laughed at by millions, but they kept going. If you are in a slump, refocus your efforts and be sure to
- Make connections. This is a vital part of building a career in the music industry. You absolutely MUST make connections for networking purposes. Go to as many shows as possible, even if you’re not performing yourself. You should look to hook up with as many people as you can during the show, and you should even approach them.
- Consider your future. This is perhaps the most important part of being a musician. After deciding that you want to take this seriously, you need to spend time thinking about your future successes. You need to think about what steps you will take once your name is out there. You need to set long-term and short-term goals for yourself. You should have a plan ready and waiting
- Stay humble. Successful musicians have always stayed humble and considerate of others. The little things like welcoming new fans to your area, and thanking patrons for their support, will make you look like a professional and show that you’re serious about what you do. This is the best way to get people to recognize you as a musician.
Those six steps are not easy to follow. Many up-and-coming artists don’t even get past step one. If you want to be one of the few that do, then you have to be committed and ready to work hard.
Follow the steps above; it will not only help you grow as a musician, but it will also help you grow as a person.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!