The NECAS Loan is a loan program offered by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) through its Anchor Borrowers’ Programme (ABP). The program is designed to provide financial assistance to farmers in Nigeria, with a focus on those in the North East region. The NECAS Loan is a relatively new program, having been launched in 2016. However, it has already disbursed over N91 billion in loans to farmers in the region.
The NECAS Loan is available to farmers who are members of the North East Commodity Association (NECAS). NECAS is a non-governmental organization that represents farmers in the North East region. To be eligible for a NECAS Loan, farmers must meet certain criteria, including:
- They must be members of NECAS
- They must have a valid agricultural business plan
- They must have a collateral of at least 100% of the loan amount
The NECAS Loan is a non-collateralized loan, meaning that farmers do not need to provide any collateral to secure the loan. However, they must agree to repay the loan within a specified period of time, typically one year. The interest rate on the NECAS Loan is also relatively low, at 9% per annum.
The NECAS Loan has been praised for its potential to boost agricultural production in the North East region. The program has already helped to increase the incomes of farmers in the region, and it is expected to have a positive impact on food security in the country.
Here are some additional details about the NECAS Loan:
- The maximum loan amount is N10 million.
- The loan repayment period is one year.
- The interest rate is 9% per annum.
- The loan is non-collateralized.
- Farmers must be members of NECAS to be eligible for the loan.
If you are a farmer in the North East region of Nigeria and you are interested in applying for a NECAS Loan, you can contact NECAS at the following address:
North East Commodity Association Plot 1145, Ahmadu Bello Way Garki, Abuja Nigeria
You can also visit the NECAS website at www.necas.org.ng for more information about the loan program.
How can I apply for the NECAS Loan?
- Join a NECAS group. You can find a NECAS group near you by visiting the NECAS website or contacting the NECAS office in your state. To join a NECAS group, you will need to provide some basic information about yourself, such as your name, address, phone number, and BVN.
- Become an active member of the NECAS group. This means participating in all the activities of the group, such as attending meetings and trainings. You will also need to show that you are a committed farmer by planting crops and selling your produce.
- Wait for the loan application window to open. NECAS loans are offered on a rolling basis, so you will need to check the NECAS website or contact your local NECAS office to find out when the next application window will open.
- Complete the loan application form. The loan application form will ask for information about your farming business, such as your annual income, your expenses, and your assets. You will also need to provide a copy of your valid means of identification and your BVN.
- Submit your loan application form to your NECAS group. Your group leader will review your application and submit it to the NECAS office for approval.
If your loan application is approved, you will be given a loan agreement to sign. The loan agreement will specify the terms of your loan, such as the interest rate, the repayment period, and the collateral required.
Once you have signed the loan agreement, you will be able to access the funds in your NECAS loan account. You can use these funds to purchase agricultural inputs, such as seeds, fertilizers, and pesticides. You can also use the funds to pay for labor, transportation, and other expenses related to your farming business.
You are required to repay your NECAS loan in installments over a period of time. The repayment period will depend on the amount of the loan and the terms of your loan agreement. You will be charged interest on your loan balance, and you will be required to pay a penalty if you miss a repayment installment.
If you have any questions about the NECAS loan program, you can contact your NECAS group leader or the NECAS office in your state.
What are the eligibility requirements to obtain a NECAS loan?
To be eligible for a NECAS loan, you must be a member of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and have been in business for at least two years.
What documents do I need to apply for the NECAS loan?
The documents you need to apply for the NECAS loan are:
- A completed NECAS loan application form
- A valid identity card (such as a driver’s license or national ID card)
- A recent utility bill or bank statement
- A letter of recommendation from a community leader or agricultural extension officer
- A business plan
- A copy of your land title (if applicable)
the NECAS loan application requires several important documents to be submitted. These documents include a completed NECAS loan application form, a valid identity card such as a driver’s license or national ID card, a recent utility bill or bank statement, and a letter of recommendation from a community leader or agricultural extension officer. Additionally, applicants are required to submit a detailed business plan and a copy of their land title if applicable. Ensuring that all these documents are prepared and submitted correctly will greatly increase the chances of a successful loan application.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!