Sterling Bank Plc is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. It was established in 1991 as the International Merchant Bank of Nigeria Limited, and was renamed Sterling Bank Plc in 2006. The bank has a network of over 500 branches and 1,000 ATMs across Nigeria.
Sterling Bank offers a wide range of banking products and services to individuals, businesses, and corporate customers. These include savings accounts, current accounts, loans, mortgages, investment products, and foreign exchange services. The bank also has a number of innovative products, such as its Specta loan platform, which offers instant loans to individuals and businesses.
Sterling Bank is a leading player in the Nigerian banking sector. It is ranked as the 7th largest bank in Nigeria by assets, and the 5th largest bank by market capitalization. The bank has been recognized for its financial performance, customer service, and corporate governance. In 2022, Sterling Bank was named the “Best Bank in Nigeria” by The Banker magazine.
Sterling Bank is committed to providing its customers with the best possible banking experience. The bank has a strong focus on customer service, and its staff are always available to help customers with their banking needs. Sterling Bank is also committed to corporate social responsibility, and it supports a number of community initiatives in Nigeria.
Here are some of the key features of Sterling Bank:
- Wide range of banking products and services
- Innovative products, such as Specta loan platform
- Leading player in the Nigerian banking sector
- Strong focus on customer service
- Commitment to corporate social responsibility
If you are looking for a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria, Sterling Bank is a great option. The bank offers a wide range of banking products and services, and it has a strong focus on customer service. Sterling Bank is also committed to corporate social responsibility.
Table of Sterling Bank USSD codes:
|Check account balance||*822#|
|Transfer money||*822*1*recipient’s account numberamount#|
|Pay bills||*822*2*biller codeamount#|
|Check airtime balance||*822*4#|
|Block your card||*822*5*your card number#|
|Unblock your card||*822*6*your card number#|
|Change your PIN||*822*7#|
|Register for USSD banking||*822*8#|
|Deregister from USSD banking||*822*9#|
Please note that these are just some of the most common Sterling Bank USSD codes. There are many other codes available, so please consult the Sterling Bank website or contact customer service for more information.
Here are some additional details about the Sterling Bank USSD code:
- The USSD code works on all networks in Nigeria, including MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile.
- You do not need to have an internet connection to use the USSD code.
- You can use the USSD code to access a variety of banking services, including checking your balance, transferring money, paying bills, and buying airtime.
- The USSD code is a secure way to access your bank account. Your PIN is required to complete any transaction.
Why is Sterling Bank USSD code not working?
There are a few reasons why Sterling Bank USSD code might not be working. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Network issues: If your network is down or experiencing problems, it could prevent you from using the USSD code. Try restarting your phone or switching to a different network.
- Incorrect PIN: If you enter the wrong PIN when you try to use the USSD code, it will not work. Make sure you enter the correct PIN.
- Account restrictions: If your account has been frozen or suspended, you will not be able to use the USSD code. Contact Sterling Bank customer service to find out if your account has any restrictions.
- Technical issues: On rare occasions, there may be technical issues with the USSD code. If you are sure that none of the above reasons apply, you can contact Sterling Bank customer service to report the issue.
Here are some troubleshooting tips that you can try if Sterling Bank USSD code is not working:
- Restart your phone: Restarting your phone can sometimes fix problems with the USSD code.
- Check your network connection: Make sure that you have a strong network connection. If you are using a mobile data connection, try switching to Wi-Fi or vice versa.
- Try again later: Sometimes, the USSD code may be down for maintenance or experiencing technical issues. If you try again later, the problem may be resolved.
- Contact customer service: If you have tried all of the above and the USSD code is still not working, you can contact Sterling Bank customer service for help.
How do I check my sterling balance with USSD?
To check your Sterling Bank balance using USSD, follow these steps:
- Dial 822# on your phone.
- Select 1 for Personal Banking.
- Enter your Customer ID.
- Enter your PIN.
- Select 2 for Account Balance.
- Your account balance will be displayed on your screen.
You can also check your Sterling Bank balance by logging into your online banking account or by using the Sterling Bank Mobile App.
Here are some additional details about checking your Sterling Bank balance using USSD:
- The USSD code 822# is free to use.
- You can check your balance from any mobile phone, regardless of your network provider.
- You do not need to have an internet connection to use USSD.
- You can only check your balance for accounts that are registered for USSD.
- If you have any problems checking your balance using USSD, you can contact Sterling Bank customer service.
Here are some of the benefits of using USSD to check your Sterling Bank balance:
- It is quick and easy.
- It is free to use.
- You do not need an internet connection.
- You can check your balance from any mobile phone.
How do I access my Sterling Bank account?
There are a few ways to access your Sterling Bank account.
- Online Banking: You can log into your Sterling Bank account online using your username and password. You can do this by visiting the Sterling Bank website and clicking on the “Online Banking” tab.
- Mobile App: You can also access your Sterling Bank account using the Sterling Bank mobile app. The app is available for download on both the App Store and Google Play.
- ATM: You can access your Sterling Bank account using any Sterling Bank ATM. To do this, insert your ATM card and enter your PIN.
- Bank Branch: You can also access your Sterling Bank account by visiting any Sterling Bank branch. Simply speak to a teller and provide them with your account information.
Here are some additional details about each method of accessing your Sterling Bank account:
- Online Banking: When you log into your Sterling Bank account online, you will be able to view your account balance, recent transactions, and transfer money between accounts. You can also pay bills, set up alerts, and manage your investments.
- Mobile App: The Sterling Bank mobile app allows you to do everything you can do online, plus a few extra things. For example, you can use the app to deposit checks, make mobile payments, and find ATMs and branches near you.
- ATM: You can use any Sterling Bank ATM to withdraw cash, deposit checks, transfer money, and check your account balance.
- Bank Branch: If you need assistance with your account, you can visit any Sterling Bank branch. A teller will be able to help you with anything you need, such as depositing checks, withdrawing cash, or transferring money.
Sterling Bank Ussd code for loan
To apply for a loan using Sterling Bank’s USSD service, simply dial *822# and follow the prompts. When prompted, select the option for “Loans” and then enter your mobile phone number. You will then be asked to enter your date of birth and your National Identification Number (NIN). Once you have entered this information, you will be able to view a list of available loans and apply for the one that best meets your needs.
The following are the steps on how to apply for a loan using Sterling Bank’s USSD service:
- Dial *822# on your mobile phone.
- Select the option for “Loans”.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your National Identification Number (NIN).
- Select the loan that you want to apply for.
- Provide the required information.
- Submit your application.
You will be notified of the status of your application within 24 hours.
Here are some of the loans that are available through Sterling Bank’s USSD service:
- Specta: This is a non-collateral loan that is available to salary earners, entrepreneurs, and youth corpers. The maximum loan amount is N5 million.
- Business Support Facility: This is a loan that is available to businesses with a turnover of N5 million or more. The maximum loan amount is N10 million.
- Imperium Lease: This is a loan that is available to businesses that want to purchase renewable energy equipment. The maximum loan amount is N5 million.
Please note that the terms and conditions of each loan may vary. For more information, please visit Sterling Bank’s website or contact a customer service representative.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!