ADVERTISEMENT

Prince Kpokpogri Demands N2bn Compensation From FCT Minister As Abuja Court Halts Demolition Of His House

Prince Kpokpogri Demands N2bn Compensation From FCT Minister As Abuja Court Halts Demolition Of His House
Prince Kpokpogri Demands N2bn Compensation From FCT Minister As Abuja Court Halts Demolition Of His House

Prince Joseph Kpokpogri, the ex-lover of actress Tonto Dikeh, has sued the Federal Capital Territory Development Authority and FCT Minister Muhammed Bello for the destruction of his multimillion-naira mansion for N2 billion.

ADVERTISEMENT

As previously mentioned, the Federal Capital Development Agency (FCDA) demolished the multi-million naira palace owned by Prince Kpokpogri in May.

Also, Listen To This Song>>> Ruger – Warning

The politician went to court to seek more than N2 billion in damages for the Abuja authorities’ alleged illegal demolition of his home, which he said they did because he refused to sell it.

In a decision on Thursday, a high court in Maitama prevented the FCT minister, Muhammad Bello, from destroying Prince Kpokpogri’s home any further.

The decision was made in response to an ex-parte application Kpokpogri submitted through his legal team, which included Mike Ozekhome (SAN). In it, Ozekhome detailed how the FCDA broke into his client’s home on May 14 using armed police officers, bulldozers, and excavators.

The Delta lawmaker claimed that the FCDA officials threatened to return and completely demolish Kpokpogri’s home while failing to provide any explanation for their actions. They reportedly started by demolishing the boys’ quarters of his home.

Ozekhome pleaded with the court to become involved in the case for the sake of justice.

In his decision, Justice Charles Agbaza stated that he thought the ex-parte application had validity and as a result, had granted all of the reliefs requested by the applicant. Justice Agbaza ascertained:

Prince Joseph Kpokpogri, the ex-lover of actress Tonto Dikeh, has sued the Federal Capital Territory Development Authority and FCT Minister Muhammed Bello for the destruction of his multimillion-naira mansion for N2 billion.

As previously mentioned, the Federal Capital Development Agency (FCDA) demolished the multi-million naira palace owned by Prince Kpokpogri in May.

The politician went to court to seek more than N2 billion in damages for the Abuja authorities’ alleged illegal demolition of his home, which he said they did because he refused to sell it.

In a decision on Thursday, a high court in Maitama prevented the FCT minister, Muhammad Bello, from destroying Prince Kpokpogri’s home any further.

Also, Listen To This Song>>> DJ YK – Bunch Of Women

The decision was made in response to an ex-parte application Kpokpogri submitted through his legal team, which included Mike Ozekhome (SAN). In it, Ozekhome detailed how the FCDA broke into his client’s home on May 14 using armed police officers, bulldozers, and excavators.

The Delta lawmaker claimed that the FCDA officials threatened to return and completely demolish Kpokpogri’s home while failing to provide any explanation for their actions. They reportedly started by demolishing the boys’ quarters of his home.

Ozekhome pleaded with the court to become involved in the case for the sake of justice.

In his decision, Justice Charles Agbaza stated that he thought the ex-parte application had validity and as a result, had granted all of the reliefs requested by the applicant. Justice Agbaza ascertained:

“I HAVE CAREFULLY PERUSED THE AFFIDAVIT OF THE APPLICANT AND ALSO LISTENED TO THE COUNSEL. THIS COURT FINDS MERIT IN THE APPLICATION AND IT IS SATISFIED THAT THE APPLICANT HAS FULFILLED ALL THE CONDITIONS TO WARRANT THE EXERCISE OF DISCRETION IN HIS FAVOUR.

“THE APPLICATION HAS MERIT AND IT IS ACCORDINGLY GRANTED.”

Even as he postponed the proceedings until July 15 to hear the substantive case, he ordered that the court order be served on each of the defendants in the lawsuit.

Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!

 

Join the Discussion

No one has commented yet. Be the first!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

mersin escort - eskişehir escort