Many young people use the phrase “breakfast” to symbolize sadness or when their wives leave them. A few well-known Yoruba kings have gone through this.
Also, get Latest Songs Here..Six9ja Music.
In this article, Six9ja provides a list of two well-known Yoruba kings whose wives left the palace under mysterious circumstances.
late Oba Lamidi Adeyemi
According to reports, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi had around 18 wives before his death, but three of them left the palace to be “free” and never came back, even after he passed away. Included among these “Runaway Queens” are Badirat, Aanu, and Damilola.
1. Queen Badirat Ola: She was referred to be the late monarch’s “oxygen” since, among his wives, she was the youngest and closest to him. She often appeared beside the Alaafin at social events.
In 2020, the queen left the castle and rose to fame as a slay queen on Instagram.
But her departure from the palace surprised everyone, particularly when she was implicated in an extramarital relationship with well-known Fuji artist K1 D Ultimate (a claim she denied).
In an homage to the king published after his passing, Queen Ola described how she had difficulties in the Alaafin’s palace when the late king began to demonstrate to his other wives why she was his favorite.
She said the following in the Instagram post:
“The father of my kids, whom I met at an impressionable age, left when it was least expected. Whenever I tell people that the bond we share can be likened to that of a ‘Siamese’, having been married to you at age 19, they are more than transfixed.
“We were practically best of friends but the moment they had an inkling about whom your favourite was, everything flopped.”
2. Queen Aanu: In November 2020, this queen stomped out of the palace without a proper farewell. In a message published on her Instagram page, Queen Aanu warned that since she had decided to end her marriage to the king, her life was in danger.
She decided to leave the marriage because, in Aanu’s words, she couldn’t continue to live in servitude.
3. Queen Damilola: Soon after her co-queen, Aanu, departed in November 2020, Queen Damilola abruptly ended her marriage in what seemed to be a desperate act.
She accused the traditional monarch of mistreating her when she left her matrimonial home, a charge she subsequently refuted when things became tough.
The former queen apologized and begged the Alaafin and the royal family to let her go back to the palace, blaming her companions for leading her wrong.
Ooni Of Ife
Another king who shared Alaafin of Oyo’s fate is the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogwunsi.
After becoming king in 2015, the Ooni of Ife chose to be remarried since his first wife, Adebukola Bombata, allegedly objected to his choice to enter the throne contest.
After Ooni’s coronation and Adebukola’s relocation to the UK, the union broke apart.
The Ooni rekindled their romance with Zaynab Otiti Obanor, and on March 16, 2016, they were wed in an elaborate traditional ceremony in Benin, the capital of the Edo State.
4. Wuraola Zaynab Otiti: Less than two years after it was arranged in a lavish ceremony, the marriage of the Ooni of Ife to the lovely Wuraola Zaynab Otiti came to an abrupt end in 2018.
Olori Wuraola, also known as the House of Oduduwa, willingly left the palace and never came back.
Following the split, Olori Wuraola was the target of several claims of possible adultery as well as profane slurs.
5. Chanel Chin: On November 10, 2015, soon after ascending to the throne of his forebears, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi married Chanel Chin; however, their marriage terminated in December 2019.
It was impossible to determine why the traditional chief and his ex-wife, a Jamaican who gave birth to a kid called Oduduwa for him, split up.
Get Latest New News Here, Were Are Updating 247 >> Six9ja News<<
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!