Sokoloan is a loan app that provides short-term loans to Nigerians via a secured mobile application. The app was founded in 2018 by the Soko Lending Company Limited, a microfinance institution that focuses on offering financial services to the public.
To get a loan from Sokoloan, you need to download the app from the Google Play Store and create an account. You will then need to provide some basic information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and BVN. Once your account is created, you can apply for a loan.
The amount of money you can borrow from Sokoloan depends on your credit score and income. The maximum loan amount is NGN50,000. The interest rate on Sokoloan loans is 20% per month. You have to repay your loan within 30 days.
If you are approved for a loan, the funds will be deposited into your bank account within 24 hours. You can use the funds for any purpose you like.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Sokoloan:
- Easy to apply for a loan
- Quick approval process
- Funds are deposited into your bank account quickly
- No collateral required
- High interest rates
- Short repayment period
- Some users have reported that the app is difficult to use
Overall, Sokoloan is a legitimate loan app that can provide you with quick access to financial support. However, it is important to be aware of the high interest rates and short repayment period before you apply for a loan.
Here are some other loan apps that you may want to consider:
- Speedy Loan
- Easy Credit
- Quick Cash
Do your research before you apply for a loan from any app, and make sure that you understand the terms and conditions of the loan before you sign up.
How Sokoloan Works?
Sokoloan is a mobile lending platform that provides short-term loans to Nigerians. The company was founded in 2018 by the Soko Lending Company Limited, a microfinance institution.
To borrow money from Sokoloan, you must first download the app from the Google Play Store. Once you have the app, you can create an account and apply for a loan. The application process is quick and easy, and you can usually get approved within minutes.
The amount of money you can borrow from Sokoloan depends on your credit score and other factors. The interest rates on Sokoloan loans are relatively high, ranging from 4.5% to 35%. However, the repayment terms are also short, typically 7 to 30 days.
Once you have been approved for a loan, the funds will be deposited into your bank account within minutes. You can then use the money for whatever you need, such as paying for unexpected expenses, covering a shortfall in your budget, or consolidating debt.
To repay your loan, you can simply make a payment through the Sokoloan app. You can also set up automatic payments so that your loan is repaid on time each month.
Sokoloan is a legitimate lending platform, but it is important to be aware of the risks before you borrow money. The interest rates on Sokoloan loans are high, so you need to make sure that you can afford to repay the loan on time. You should also be aware that Sokoloan may report you to the National Credit Bureau if you default on your loan.
Here are the steps on how Sokoloan works:
- Download the Sokoloan app from the Google Play Store.
- Create an account and apply for a loan.
- Provide your personal information and bank account details.
- Wait for approval.
- Receive the funds in your bank account.
- Repay the loan on time.
If you are considering borrowing money from Sokoloan, be sure to do your research and understand the risks involved.
What Documents Are Required for A Sokoloan?
To apply for a Sokoloan, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid government-issued ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport, national ID card)
- Proof of income (e.g., recent pay stubs, bank statements)
- Proof of address (e.g., utility bill, lease agreement)
- A guarantor who is willing to cosign the loan
If you are self-employed, you may also need to provide additional documentation, such as tax returns or business records.
You can apply for a Sokoloan online or through the Sokoloan mobile app. The application process is quick and easy, and you can usually get approved within minutes.
Here are some additional details about the documents required for a Sokoloan:
- Government-issued ID: Your ID must be a valid government-issued ID that shows your name, date of birth, and photo.
- Proof of income: Your proof of income must show your monthly income. This can be a recent pay stub, bank statement, or other document that shows your income.
- Proof of address: Your proof of address must show your current address. This can be a utility bill, lease agreement, or other document that shows your address.
- Guarantor: If you do not have a good credit score, you may need to provide a guarantor who is willing to cosign the loan. The guarantor must have good credit and be willing to repay the loan if you default.
Once you have submitted your application, Sokoloan will review your documents and credit score. If you are approved, you will receive the loan proceeds within 24 hours.
Sokoloan Interest Rate and Repayment
Sokoloan is a digital lending platform that offers short-term loans to individuals in Nigeria. The interest rate on Sokoloan loans varies depending on the loan amount and the repayment period. However, in general, the interest rate is between 4.5% and 35%.
The following is an example of how Sokoloan’s interest rate works:
- If you borrow N1,000 for 6 months, the interest rate is 4.4% per month.
- This means that you will pay N440 in interest over the 6-month repayment period.
- The total amount you will repay is N1,440.
In addition to the interest, Sokoloan also charges a processing fee of 4%. This means that the total cost of the loan will be N1,488.
The repayment period for Sokoloan loans is typically between 91 and 180 days. You can repay your loan in full or in installments. If you choose to repay in installments, you will be required to make a minimum monthly payment.
If you default on your loan payments, Sokoloan may charge you late fees and/or collection fees. These fees can add up quickly, so it is important to make your loan payments on time.
Here are some things to keep in mind before taking out a loan from Sokoloan:
- The interest rates on Sokoloan loans are high.
- There are additional fees associated with Sokoloan loans, such as late fees and collection fees.
- If you default on your loan payments, Sokoloan may take legal action against you.
If you are considering taking out a loan from Sokoloan, it is important to carefully consider the terms and conditions of the loan. You should also make sure that you can afford to repay the loan on time.
Sokoloan Review: Is It Real?
Sokoloan is a real loan app that offers short-term loans to Nigerians. It is a registered company with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and is licensed by the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA). However, Sokoloan has been accused of violating data privacy laws and harassing borrowers. In August 2021, NITDA fined Sokoloan NGN 10 million for these violations.
Here is a summary of the pros and cons of Sokoloan:
- Easy to apply for a loan
- Quick approval process
- Available to borrowers with low credit scores
- Flexible repayment terms
- High interest rates
- High fees
- Harassing borrowers
- Data privacy violations
Overall, Sokoloan is a legitimate loan app, but it is important to be aware of the risks before applying for a loan. If you are considering using Sokoloan, be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully and understand the risks involved.
Here are some tips for using Sokoloan safely:
- Only borrow what you can afford to repay
- Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the loan
- Be aware of the risks of data privacy violations
- Report any harassment to NITDA or the Consumer Protection Council (CPC)
If you have had a negative experience with Sokoloan, you can file a complaint with NITDA or the CPC. You can also contact the Sokoloan customer service team to try to resolve the issue.
while Sokoloan can be a convenient option for obtaining quick cash, it is important to approach it with caution. It is crucial to only borrow what you can afford to repay, as failing to do so can lead to financial difficulties and potential legal consequences. Additionally, thoroughly understanding the terms and conditions of the loan is essential to avoid any unexpected fees or penalties. Furthermore, it is crucial to be aware of the risks associated with data privacy violations and to report any instances of harassment to the appropriate authorities.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!