Standard Chartered Bank is a global British bank with activities in consumer, business, and institutional banking as well as treasury services. In spite of having its headquarters in the UK, the company doesn’t offer retail banking there, and 90% of its profits come from customers in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Standard Chartered was founded in 1853 as the Chartered Bank of India, Australia, and China. It was one of the first banks to establish a presence in Asia, and it quickly became a major player in the region’s trade and finance. In the early 20th century, Standard Chartered expanded into Africa and the Middle East.
In the 1970s, Standard Chartered began to move away from its traditional role as a trade finance bank and into more mainstream banking activities. This move was successful, and Standard Chartered became one of the largest banks in the world.
In the 21st century, Standard Chartered has faced a number of challenges, including the global financial crisis, the rise of new competitors, and regulatory changes. However, the bank has weathered these challenges and remains a strong and profitable institution.
Standard Chartered is a major player in the global financial system. It has a presence in over 70 countries and employs over 80,000 people. The bank’s assets are over $2 trillion.
Standard Chartered offers a wide range of financial products and services to its customers, including personal banking, corporate banking, investment banking, and treasury services. The bank is also a major player in the foreign exchange market.
Standard Chartered is a socially responsible bank. It is committed to helping its customers and communities prosper. The bank supports a number of initiatives to promote economic development, education, and environmental sustainability.
Standard Chartered is a well-managed and profitable bank. It has a strong track record of growth and innovation. The bank is well-positioned to continue to grow and succeed in the years to come.
Here are some of the key features of Standard Chartered Bank:
- Global reach: Standard Chartered has a presence in over 70 countries and employs over 80,000 people.
- Strong financial performance: Standard Chartered is a profitable bank with a strong track record of growth.
- Social responsibility: Standard Chartered is committed to helping its customers and communities prosper.
- Innovation: Standard Chartered is a leading innovator in the banking industry.
If you are looking for a global bank with a strong financial performance and a commitment to social responsibility, then Standard Chartered Bank is a good option for you.
Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code In Table
Standard Chartered Bank USSD code is *977#. You can use this code to access a variety of banking services, including:
- Account balance inquiry
- Funds transfer
- Airtime top-up
- Data subscription
- Bill payments
- Mini statement
- PIN change and reset
- De-registration of USSD service
- Account blocking
To use Standard Chartered Bank USSD banking, simply dial *977# from your mobile phone and follow the instructions on the screen. You will need to enter your account number and PIN to authenticate your transactions.
USSD banking is a convenient and secure way to manage your Standard Chartered Bank account. It is available 24/7 and does not require an internet connection.
Table of the Standard Chartered Bank USSD banking services
To use the USSD banking service, simply dial the USSD code from your registered mobile phone number with Standard Chartered Bank. You will then be prompted to enter your account number and PIN. Once you have entered your credentials, you will be able to access a variety of banking services, including checking your balance, transferring funds, paying bills, and topping up your airtime.
The USSD banking service is a convenient and secure way to manage your Standard Chartered Bank account. You can use it from anywhere, at any time, without the need for an internet connection.
Here are some additional tips for using the USSD banking service:
- Make sure that you are using a registered mobile phone number with Standard Chartered Bank.
- Keep your PIN confidential and do not share it with anyone.
- Be careful when entering your account number and PIN.
- If you are unsure about how to use the USSD banking service, please contact Standard Chartered Bank customer service.
How do I check Standard Chartered Bank balance?
There are several ways to check your Standard Chartered Bank balance. Here are a few options:
- Online banking: Log in to your online banking account and click on the “Balances” tab. This will show you your current balance for all of your accounts.
- Mobile banking: Download the Standard Chartered Mobile Banking app and sign in. Once you’re logged in, you can view your balance by tapping on the “Accounts” tab.
- ATM: Visit any Standard Chartered ATM and insert your debit card. Select the option to “View Balance” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Phone banking: Call Standard Chartered customer service at 1-800-383-3233 and ask to speak to a representative. They will be able to look up your balance and provide it to you.
- SMS banking: Send a text message with the word “BAL” to 1-800-383-3233. You will receive a text message back with your current balance.
Please note that some of these methods may require you to register for online banking or mobile banking first.
Here are some additional details about each of these methods:
- Online banking: Online banking is a convenient way to check your balance and manage your finances from anywhere. You can also use online banking to transfer money, pay bills, and set up alerts.
- Mobile banking: Mobile banking is another convenient way to check your balance and manage your finances. You can use the Standard Chartered Mobile Banking app to do things like view your balance, transfer money, and pay bills.
- ATM: ATMs are available 24/7, so you can check your balance at any time. However, ATM fees may apply.
- Phone banking: Phone banking is a good option if you don’t have access to the internet or a mobile phone. You can speak to a customer service representative who can help you check your balance and complete other transactions.
- SMS banking: SMS banking is a quick and easy way to check your balance. However, you may be charged for each text message you send.
No matter which method you choose, checking your Standard Chartered Bank balance is easy and convenient.
What is the toll free number for Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria?
The toll free number for Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is 0800 123 5000.
You can also call the following numbers:
- For personal banking: +234 1 270 4611 – 4
- For corporate and institutional banking: +234 1 2368220 – 4
All of these numbers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!