How to respect your husband-
Respect can be established when there is consistency in the home between husband and wife: when you both value the feelings and opinions of each other; talk to and treat your partner in ways that you would want to be treated.
In this article, you will see how can respect your husband and also how you can gain respect from him.
The reason why you as his wife should be submissive to your husband is because he is the head of the family and also supports the family emotionally and financially.
And your husband is the role model and a father to your kids.
Simple ways in which you can respect your husband:
1. Show him that you value his suggestions and opinions but do not force him to make decisions for you. and when you take his advice, remember his choices so that the next time you know what he wants.
2. Take an interest in your husband’s career and professional duties. Men feel frustrated if their wives do not respect their skills, talents, and abilities. So take an interest in knowing what your husband is doing.
Even when he comes back home disturbed after work, try to have a friendly conversation to know what happened but do not bombard him with questions.
Your husband seeks your affirmation and appreciation to motivate himself.
3. When you are wrong rather than overlooking the situation, be thoughtful and apologize to your husband.
That’s the best way to handle marital conflicts, show that you have accepted your fault and will make sure not to repeat it.
4. When your husband wants to have a conversation with you, show him your undivided attentiveness. Do not interrupt him to share your opinion.
If you are busy watching television, doing chores, or looking after children, take some time off to have a peaceful personal interaction with him.
5. Don’t brag about your husband to annoy the other people in the group or embarrass your husband in public but when having a discussion with a group of friends and family members, do talk about your husband’s good qualities.
6. Make sure to praise your husband in front of your children, as he is their role model and they look up to him for guidance.
Cherish him with love by telling your children how loving your husband is and how he struggles day and night to see them happy.
It will go a long way in strengthening your marital bond, and your husband will feel appreciated.
7. Choose your words carefully, and check if any of the words that you use are harsh and hurtful.
Do not criticize your husband in front of others, no matter what your husband must have done, you have no right to insult him in public.
Talk to him privately to explain where he went wrong and what he could have done.
8. Don’t expect him to be perfect because none of us is perfect. Understand and accept his weaknesses.
Sometimes, your husband may annoy you, and offend you, but you need to calm down and sort this out. Try to handle the situations maturely and find effective solutions to resolve the conflict.
When you respect him, it motivates him, and he tends to love you even more. So, convinced that respect could do wonders for your relationship with him?
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!