Moniepoint Microfinance Bank is the definitive bank for small and medium-sized businesses in Nigeria and is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It provides fast and efficient transactions, making it an essential tool for businesses of all sizes.
On your moniepoint, you can open a business account (Open an account for free), get verified within a few minutes,
no hidden fees, have complete control over your account, have round-the-clock business banking support, and also get instant notifications.
Moniepoint POS allows businesses to accept payments from customers using debit cards, credit cards, and other electronic payment methods.
In this post, a lot will be described on how to get a moniepoint POS machine in Nigeria.
How To Become a Moniepoint Agent
Becoming a moniepoint agent is not a hard task for an individual who desires to become but there are criteria or procedures that are needed to be guided and followed.
You need to provide some information such as:
- CAC documents (registered businesses only)
- A valid Identification Card (NIN, International Passport, Voter’s Card, or Driver’s License)
- Utility Bill (waste bill, electricity bill, water bill, or tenancy agreement)
- Your BVN
- A standard account number in any commercial bank.
If you want to get the Moniepoint POS machine, then you have to follow these steps: Visit the Moniepoint website at https://moniepoint.com/.
- Create an account.
- Next Enter your full name, email address, phone number, and other required details.
- Select the “other POS merchant service” you are working with (if any)
- Then click Submit.
Moniepoint will confirm and contact any new users who just signed up on their platform within 48 hours.
After which you will be linked to the person (aggregator) who manages Moniepoint agents.
Benefit Of Moniepoint POS Machine Transfer
These are the benefits of making use of a POS Machine to fund and withdraw.
- It helps reduce fraud and fake alerts – as transactions and senders are validated through the BVN image to protect business owners from receiving fraudulent transfers.
- You get to print receipts for all transfers or payments.
- Business owners can instantly initiate a refund for any transfer they want to reject, where value was not given, or the identity of the sender is in doubt.
Moniepoint POS Charges
Moniepoint POS charges are based on the number of transactions carried out by the merchant. Below is a list of some Moniepoint commissions and also POS charges for moniepoint:
- For withdrawals of up to N20,000 Moniepoint charges only a 0.5% fee.
- For transactions above N20,000 Moniepoint charges a flat rate of N100.
- Moniepoint charges a flat rate of N20 for money transfers.
- DSTV Subscription commission is 2%
- GOTv subscription commission is 2%
- StarTimes commission is 2%
- MTN Data Top Up commission is 3%
- Glo data Top-Up commission is 4%
- 9Mobile Data Top-Up commission is 4.5%
- Airtel Data Top-up commission is 4%
- PHCN token commission is 2%
How To Contact Moniepoint POS?
You can also visit Moniepoint’s physical address at Office Address: 2 Wole Ariyo St, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria.
Phone: +234 814 150 0017 (Whatsapp only). The Moniepoint staff will guide you through the registration process and the necessary steps to successfully become a Moniepoint POS agent.
Email: [email protected].
Frequent Asked Question
- Moniepoint transfer limit
As a business owner, the limit of your transfer should be currently up to an N25 million cumulative daily limit (KYC has N900,000 as the maximum limit per POS Transfer and N5 million daily cumulative).
- How much is Moniepoint POS machine?
To purchase a Moniepoint POS machine now is at the price of N25,000, which is cheaper than other POS machine service providers.
- How much does Moniepoint POS charge per transaction?
Moniepoint transaction charges are fixed at a N20 Naira flat fee to all banks in Nigeria when you want to transfer. While the Moniepoint withdrawal charges for withdrawing up to N4,000 are simply N6.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!