Wema Bank Plc is a Nigerian commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. It is one of the oldest banks in Nigeria, having been founded in 1945. The bank has a network of over 350 branches and 1,000 ATMs across Nigeria.
Wema Bank offers a wide range of banking products and services to individuals and businesses, including savings accounts, current accounts, loans, mortgages, and investment products. The bank also has a number of digital banking initiatives, including the ALAT app, which allows customers to manage their accounts and make payments online.
Wema Bank is a publicly traded company and is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The bank’s major shareholders include the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the Employees’ Pension Fund.
In recent years, Wema Bank has undergone a number of strategic initiatives to transform its business and improve its financial performance. These initiatives have included a focus on digital banking, a drive to increase customer acquisition, and a reduction in non-performing loans. As a result of these initiatives, Wema Bank has seen its profitability and customer base grow in recent years.
In 2023, Wema Bank was named the “Best Digital Bank in Nigeria” by The Banker magazine. The bank was also ranked as the “Most Improved Bank in Nigeria” by the Financial Times.
Wema Bank is a leading commercial bank in Nigeria with a strong track record of innovation and financial performance. The bank is well-positioned to continue to grow and succeed in the years to come.
Here are some of the key features of Wema Bank:
- A long history of operation in Nigeria
- A wide network of branches and ATMs
- A wide range of banking products and services
- A focus on digital banking
- A commitment to customer service
- A strong financial performance
If you are looking for a reliable and innovative banking partner, Wema Bank is a great option.
How do I activate my Wema Bank transfer code?
To activate your Wema Bank transfer code, follow these steps:
- Dial *945# on your mobile phone.
- Select the option to “Activate Transfer Code”.
- Enter your account number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Create a new 4-digit PIN.
- Confirm your PIN.
Your transfer code will now be activated. You can use it to make transfers to other Wema Bank accounts, as well as to pay bills and make other transactions.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- You can only activate your transfer code on the mobile phone number that is linked to your Wema Bank account.
- Your transfer code is case-sensitive, so make sure you enter it correctly.
- You can change your transfer code at any time by following the steps above.
- If you forget your transfer code, you can reset it by visiting a Wema Bank branch or by calling customer service.
Wema Bank USSD Code In Table
|*945*0#||Check account balance|
|*945*2*OldAcctnoNewAcctno#||Change account number|
|*945*amount#||Buy airtime for yourself|
|*945*phoneNo*amount#||Buy airtime for someone else|
|*945*9#||Buy airtime and data|
|*945*65#||Get a quick loan|
|*945*65#||Get a salary-based loan|
|*945*10#||Pay DSTV subscription|
|*945*11#||Pay GOTV subscription|
|*945*12#||Pay Startimes subscription|
|*94*515#||Pay Smile internet subscription|
|*945*16#||Pay Spectranet internet subscription|
|*94518#||Pay MTN internet subscription|
|*945*24#||Pay Eko electricity bill|
|*945*25*meternoamount#||Pay Ikeja electricity bill|
|*945*70#||Check WAEC result|
|*945*71#||Check JAMB result|
|*945*40#||Pay Lagos state taxes|
|*945*57#||Pay for Mcash merchant|
|*945*57merchantcodeamount#||Pay for Coralpay merchant|
|*945*000*REFno#||Track Coralpay transaction|
To use any of these codes, simply dial the code on your mobile phone and follow the instructions on the screen. You will need to enter your account number and PIN for some of the transactions.
Please note that these codes may change from time to time, so it is always best to check with Wema Bank for the latest information.
How do I check my Wema balance?
There are a few ways to check your Wema balance.
- USSD: Dial 945*0# on your phone and follow the prompts.
- ALAT App: Download the ALAT app from the App Store or Google Play Store and sign in with your Wema Bank details. Tap on “Account” and then “Balance” to view your current balance.
- Wema Online Banking: Log in to Wema Online Banking with your Wema Bank details. Click on “Account Summary” to view your current balance.
You can also check your balance by calling Wema Bank customer service on 0700-945-945.
Here are some additional details about each method:
- USSD: The USSD code is a quick and easy way to check your balance. Simply dial the code on your phone and follow the prompts. You will be asked to enter your account number and PIN. Once you have entered your details, your balance will be displayed on your phone screen.
- ALAT App: The ALAT app is a mobile banking app that allows you to manage your Wema Bank account from your smartphone. You can use the app to check your balance, transfer funds, pay bills, and more.
- Wema Online Banking: Wema Online Banking is a web-based banking service that allows you to manage your Wema Bank account from any computer with an internet connection. You can use Wema Online Banking to check your balance, transfer funds, pay bills, and more.
Does Wema Bank has a mobile app?
Yes, Wema Bank has a mobile app called ALAT. It is available for download on both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. The app allows you to do a variety of banking tasks, including:
- Check your balance
- Transfer money
- Pay bills
- Set up direct debits and standing orders
- Apply for loans and credit cards
- Invest in stocks and bonds
- And more
The ALAT app is a convenient and secure way to manage your finances. It is also a great way to get started with banking if you are new to Nigeria.
Here are some of the features of the ALAT app:
- Easy to use: The app is designed to be easy to use, even for first-time bank customers.
- Secure: The app uses the latest security features to protect your personal and financial information.
- Convenient: You can use the app to manage your finances from anywhere, at any time.
- Rewards: You can earn rewards for using the app, such as cashback on purchases and discounts on bills.
If you are a Wema Bank customer, I encourage you to download the ALAT app and try it out. You may be surprised at how easy and convenient it is to use.
What is the transfer limit for Wema Bank?
The default daily transfer limit for Wema Bank is N1 million. However, customers can increase their limit up to N500,000 by visiting the nearest Wema Bank branch. To increase your limit, you will need to provide your account number, BVN, and a valid ID.
Here are the steps on how to increase your Wema Bank transfer limit:
- Visit the nearest Wema Bank branch.
- Indicate your intention to increase your transfer limit.
- Provide your account number, BVN, and a valid ID.
- The bank official will process your request and update your limit.
Please note that your transfer limit may be further reviewed and adjusted based on your account activity and risk profile.
Here are some of the factors that may affect your Wema Bank transfer limit:
- Account type: The type of account you have with Wema Bank may affect your transfer limit. For example, customers with current accounts typically have higher transfer limits than customers with savings accounts.
- Account balance: The balance in your account may also affect your transfer limit. Customers with higher account balances typically have higher transfer limits.
- Account activity: Your account activity may also affect your transfer limit. Customers who make frequent transactions, especially large transactions, may have lower transfer limits.
- Risk profile: Your risk profile may also affect your transfer limit. Customers who are considered to be high-risk may have lower transfer limits.
If you have any questions about your Wema Bank transfer limit, you can contact the bank’s customer service department.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!