Even as a business owner, roadside seller, or student, you can also own an Opay POS machine by applying for an Opay agent. Establishing fast cash in your area will reduce the burden of people visiting the bank to get cash.
In this post, a lot will be described on how to get an Opay POS machine in Nigeria.
Once you have an account on Opay, you can register on Opay to get your wallet and then use the money inside it for online shopping or even offline stores. Here are the activities you can perform when using the Opay POS machine:
- Fund transfer.
- Instant settlement.
- Check customer’s account balances.
- Payment of utility bills.
- You can also link your bank account or credit card to it to get cash withdrawals or transfer money directly.
- You can also top up your account by transferring money from any other bank or remittance provider.
Once you have opened a merchant account, you can apply for a POS terminal machine. You only need to provide some information about your business, such as your business name, location, and contact details.
Requirement To Get OPay POS Machine
Becoming an Opay agent is not a hard task for an individual who desires to become but there are criteria or procedures you need to provide such as:
- Your Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- An active Opay account
- Your bank account statement
- A valid Identification Card (NIN, International Passport, Voter’s Card, or Driver’s License)
- A utility bill (waste bill, electricity bill, or water bill) or another bill dated no later than three months before merchant registration as proof of your address.
- Copy of your national ID card, driver’s license, or international passport.
- 1 passport photo.
How Much Is Opay POS Machine?
The price you can buy an Opay POS machine in Nigeria depends on the specific (capabilities) you want. In general, the current costs of Opay POS machines in Nigeria is around:
- Smart (Android) POS: ₦60,000
- Traditional POS: ₦45,000
- Mini POS: ₦10,000
How To Register As An OPay Agent
If you are already an OPay app user and you want to become an agent, all you need to do is to upgrade your KYC level from KYC 1 to KYC 2.
You need to provide some information such as:
- Your BVN
- Gender status,
- Date of birth
- State of residence.
To upgrade from an OPay user to an agent via the app: Open the OPay app but if you have not, you can download the app from your Google Play store or App Store.
- Tap on “Account” and on your current KYC level just below where your name appears on the app.
- Then click on Upgrade to an agent.
- Once successfully upgraded to the KYC2 level, you will become an OPay agent.
Having upgraded to KYC level 2 and want to move to level 3 when applying for a POS device, follow these steps to upgrade:
- Open your OPay app and go to “Me“.
- Tap on the picture icon (top left) to go to “Account Details“.
- Click Upgrade to Level 3.
- Upload your picture.
- Upload a valid ID card (International passport, voter card, national ID, or driver’s license).
- Upload a recent utility bill.
- Upload your BVN and Submit.
The OPay team will review and approve your KYC upgrade within 24 to 72 hours and you will get email and SMS notifications.
You have successfully upgraded to KYC level 3, you can apply for a merchant POS terminal by following these steps:
- Log in to the OPay app on your device.
- Tap on the “Merchant Apply” icon.
- On the next page, enter all necessary information as requested.
- Upload your transaction history for the past 3 months.
- Upload a valid ID card.
- Take a picture of your business location and upload it to the portal.
The OPay team will review your application, and if approved, you will receive your POS machine within 24 to 72 hours.
But if you are applying afresh to be an OPay agent, you can follow these steps: Go to the OPay website and click “Merchants” in the website title bar.
- Click on “Create an Online Merchant Account” if you want to sign up as a regular online agent without a POS machine, or click on “Create a POS Merchant Account” if you want to get the POS machine.
- Fill out the forms for both categories of applications.
- Alternatively, you can go to Google Play and download the OPay app. Then, follow the instructions to register your account.
- After setting up your account, email [email protected] and request an OPay merchant registration form.
Opay POS Charges
OPay POS Business Charges And Commission Structure: Cash Transaction Charges
- For withdrawals below ₦20,000, OPay charges 0.5% of the transaction amount.
- For withdrawals above ₦20,000, there is a flat charge rate of ₦100.
- For deposits ₦5000 and below, there is a flat charge rate of ₦10.
- For deposits ₦5,001 to ₦10,000, OPay charges a flat rate of ₦20.
- For transfers above ₦10,000, OPay charges a flat rate of ₦30.
OPay POS Commission Structure For Data Top-Up
- MTN = 3% commission.
- Airtel = 4% commission.
- Glo = 4% commission.
- 9Mobile = 4.5% commission.
OPay POS Commission Structure For Utility Bills
- DStv = 2% commission.
- StarTimes = 2% commission.
- GOtv = 2% commission.
- PHCN = 2% commission.
How To Contact Opay POS Agent?
For help? Contact through the self-service feature or the live chat feature on the app to chat with a customer service representative.
Mobile Call on:
0700 888 8328 or 01 8888328(App & Card queries), 0700 888 8329 or 01 8888329(POS Business queries) Available 24/7
Chat with us on WhatsApp – +2349165998936
Do you have a question? We can help you through our email channel. email@example.com
You can also reach us via any of our verified social media pages.
Tweets by OPay_NG
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!