Ways to Be a Great Dad –
Wanting to be a good dad is understandable, but not easy, especially if you are a first-time dad and don’t have any experience whatsoever, well this article is going to give you tips on how to be a good dad.
Respect your child’s mother
Being a good dad starts with your kids knowing you respect their mom, you don’t insult her, hit her, call her names, not make her cry, or feel invalid, when your kids see their mom happy, you’ve automatically become a good dad to them.
Spend time with your child
Funny enough your kids get to know how good of a dad you are to them with the time you spend with them, you don’t want your kids saying they never knew you because you weren’t always around, kids grow up quickly you should make use of time as much as you can.
Surround yourself with male role models
You can’t be a good dada all by yourself, you have to be influenced by something, It is either your childhood or your friends, you have to surround yourself with people who influence you positively, who also are role model dads that way you can learn from them.
Help your kids do things
When your kids come to you for your help you should help them out rather than shutting away or sending them to their mom.
Be there for the milestones
With this, I mean important events in their lives, school games, the first day of school, and so on, check your schedule and be sure not to disappoint them.
More tips on how to be a good dad
- Earn the right to be heard
- Discipline with love and positive parenting
- Love your kids’ mom (whether she’s your wife or not)
- Talk to them about puberty and related topics
- Teach your children the important lessons
- Read to your children
- Be your child’s role model
- Take care of your own mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Apologize, and they will learn to apologize
- Develop strong communication
- Show affection
- Be your child’s teacher
- Know the details of your kids’ lives
- Plan trips with your kids
- Eat together as a family
- Seek involvement early
- Model a healthy relationship with money
- Make time for yourself
Being a good dad isn’t as easy as it sounds, it takes a lot of hard work and perseverance to do so, you don’t have to be perfect as there is no such thing as a perfect dad.
If you find this article useful, share it with others.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!