Services Offered by Access Bank POS Agent
Benefits Of Point Of Sale (POS)
1. Banking services right at your doorstep
2. No queues
3. Transactions are PIN protected
4. Services are available to both Access Bank and other Bank customers
5. Access to funds anytime even after banking hours (weekends and public holidays)
6. Save the cost of going to the branch or ATM
7. Account Opening
8. Eliminates the inconvenience of cheque confirmation and clearing period
9. Instant confirmation of payment for goods.
Registration Documents Required
Here are the list of document needed if you want to register properly: For individual accounts or for corporate accounts.
- Must be a registered business owner
- Duly completed registration/signup form with the following documents attached.
- Valid ID card
- Phone number
- Business address
- Business insurance policy
- Business license or permit
- Valid Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Business registration certificate
- Business plan
- Valid business bank account
- 2 Passport photographs.
- Business address proof (e.g. utility bill, rent receipt, etc.)
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Memorandum and Article of Association.
How To Become an Access Bank Point Of Sale (POS) Agent
To become an Access Bank POS agent which is known as an Access CLOSA agent you need to meet some Minimum requirements :
1. A visible business location which is easily accessible
2. Minimum working capital of ₦50,000
3. Valid identification – Voter’s card, Driver’s License, International Passport, National ID card
4. Utility bill
5. Business registration documents for corporate bodies
How To Become An Access Bank POS Agent?
The following business associate can become a POS agent and perform banking transactions on behalf of Access Bank
1. Unregistered business – Individuals, Registered businesses – Limited liability
2. Sole proprietorships, Partnerships, Cooperative societies
3. Corporates with retail chains / large distribution network
Also, see: How To Get Palmpay POS Machine In Nigeria
How To Apply For AccessBank POS Machine
To get and apply for an AccessBank today, these are the steps to follow:
- Visit any AccessBank branch closest to you.
- Ask to speak with a customer service representative about obtaining a POS machine.
- Provide the customer service representative with all the required documents.
- Wait for a response from AccessBank.
After submitting all the required documents, you will receive a notification from AccessBank if your application has been approved or declined.
If your application is approved, you must pay the charges involved in acquiring and activating the machine.
The charges involved in acquiring an AccessBank Pos Machine include a one-time purchase fee, monthly rental fee, and transaction processing fee.
These charges are subject to change, and confirming the current rates with AccessBank is advisable.
Once you have paid the charges, the next step is installing and activating the machine. AccessBank will send a technician to your business premises to install the device and provide you with training on how to use it.
Also, see: How To Get Firstmonie POS Machine
How to register on Mobile Money
You may proceed with your registration following the below arrangement;
- From any GSM phone, dial *903# on your mobile phone
- Select “1” from the list of options provided to choose “registration“.
- Enter your first name, Last name, gender, and date of birth accordingly
- You will be required to change your default PIN, usually a 4-digit to your choice. The above applies to onboarding using a self-service.
However, you may still onboard from an agent location or any Access bank branch in the below arrangement;
- Having visited any of the aforementioned locations, request a registration form
- Complete the form correctly, read the terms and conditions, then sign appropriately
- Return your completed form to the agent/branch
- It’s now their duty to profile you with the details made available
- On completion, your wallet will be activated, you will receive an SMS on how you can access your mobile money
- Additionally, you will be required to change your default pin
How to change your Mobile money default pin
Go to “My wallet > PIN change > Input old PIN, then enter your new PIN and confirm it.
How Will I Identify An Access CLOSA Agent?
Access Bank Agent’s outlet is branded with Access CLOSA signage. These locations can be verified on our website or through the Access Bank Contact Centre.
Frequently Asked Question
- How much can I withdraw from Access Bank POS transaction limits?
Transaction limits apply to individual subscribers and agents according to the Central Bank of Nigeria transaction limit as follows:
- Non-banked – minimum daily N3,000 and maximum daily N30,000
- Semi-banked – minimum daily N10,000, maximum daily N100,000
- Banked – minimum daily N100,000, maximum daily N1,000,000.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!